Hi! I’m Jess, and I’m a writer.
1. I write Christian contemporary fiction that’s romantic and authentic, with a touch of humor and a whole lot of drama.
I am currently editing ‘Hating Jeremy Walters’ and planning future projects. Check out the ‘novels’ page for a peek at my work.
2. I also write this blog. It’s about God. This blog and my Facebook page together represent my blend of imagination and authenticity. The blog is the authentic part – this is where I get real with God.
3. My job is to write online training courses for a bank. One course featured a robots v humans battle. I’m not saying it was as epic as Batman v Superman, but…pretty close.
4. My previous jobs were as a boarding school mistress and before that, a small-town journalist.
5. I’m a total screenwriting groupie. Although the other week I read the script for Intersteller without seeing the movie and was like, ‘Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?’
6. I do things other than write. Like read. Melissa Tagg, Jenny B. Jones, Denise Hunter and Deeanne Gist are four of my favourite authors at the moment.
7. I grew up on farms with my four siblings. I can milk a cow like nobody’s business.
8. I’m also really involved in a growing church plant. My life group girls are the best!
9. Since first writing this list, I have now ticked off another bucket list item: drive in cinemas. 🙂 Other bucket list items already ticked include: visiting America, including New York and Disneyland; being on a real movie set (it was a tiny Australian production, but still!) ; seeing Circus de Soleil; eating a double-scoop ice cream cone (not fulfilled till I was about 19); and finishing a first draft of a novel.
10. I’m Australian. I just realised you guys didn’t know that yet. And I’m 25. Just to give this some context.
I hope to hear from you!